Monday, February 15, 2010

Sick weekend

There's something about rocking my sick little baby to sleep that makes me feel accomplished as a mom. Yes, Gavin was sick. It started Thursday morning with just a simple teething cough that turned into a heavy, flemmy cough. I felt bad because I went out Thursday night! I don't feel too bad because I knew that Eric could handle things and plus I was watching Wicked for the second time! I love that musical! I'd like to thank Matt and Kelly Kalil for inviting me and I hope your mom is doing better. Friday morning, I decided to stay home with Gavin and we just relaxed. The weather was perfect for doing just that! Gavin napped quite frequently while I had did loads of laundry. I took him to the doctor's office just to be on the safe side. He did not have croup and it was just a common cold. The doctor gave me at-home remedies to try and he is getting better. Gavin slept better Friday night than any other night before. All of us slept in Saturday morning and it was great! We didn't do much that afternoon. We did look at a couple houses but nothing to write home about. We're still looking and waiting....

Sunday, we skipped church! Don't judge! Gavin was still getting better and I didn't want the other little babies or kiddies to catch a cold. Just thinking of others.... Later that afternoon, I met up with a friend and we went shopping for baby shower items. I'm throwing a baby shower for two women at my church this coming Saturday. I have a devotional I'm going to share and I'll post it in a blog after the baby shower. Don't want to ruin the surprise! :) So, to sum up our weekend, it was spent trying to figure out what Gavin needed....like any other day!

We looked at a couple more houses today. Still nothing but we're not giving up hope. We're waiting on the Lord and we know He has that perfect house for us.

Side note: my husband is absolutely wonderful! I love you!

No comments: