Wednesday, May 6, 2009

38 Weeks

Today marks 38 weeks for us and if you haven't seen the nursery pictures yet, I think we're all set. Today's appointment was still very routine and nothing new to report. I have minor swelling in my feet but not to the point of cankles (praise the Lord!) My blood pressure is perfectly fine. To date, I've gained 37 pounds. Gavin's heartbeat is still strong and his movements are huge! I might be getting a little sick. I have a minor sore throat but I'm allowed to take Zicam and a lot of Vitamin C to knock it right out. My midwife said that I'm not allowed to go into labor this Friday day because she'll be out of town. Friday night is ok though. And then we have the Walk For Life this Saturday! Lord willing, I'll be able to walk the Walk too but we shall see....

I'm excited to get a pregnancy massage today! It's my first professional massage since I've been pregnant and I think I've finally hit the point where I'm in NEED of it. Don't get me wrong, Eric tries his best to give good back massages and foot massages but he's no professional!

I stopped going to the gym because I don't want to go without Eric. We have such mixed up schedules that it's not possbile for both of us to go together anymore. :( However, we do find time to take walks almost every day. Eric is my great encourager and leader that I can't wait to see him in action at the birthing center! He's also making it a point to cook spicy food for me. Now, I seriously doubt that's going to induce my labor only because I've been eating spicy food ever since I could remember. Pad Thai 5 stars! Jalapeno and Habanero peppers....bring it! But once again, we shall see....

Our next appointment is next Thursday! Until then, walk the Walk for Life to help save babies! :)


No comments: