Friday, December 18, 2009

Oh Happy Day

Despite the nasty weather, today is a very special day for many reasons!  First of all, Gavin is 7 months old!  I can't believe it.  He is such a joy to us even in his fussy moments.  Just to think that 7 months ago, he was a tiny, little creature in my belly and now he's a smiley, bouncy little boy.  Soon I'll be saying that he's 1 year old....but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Secondly, this day two years ago, Eric asked me to be his wife!  I still remember how nervous he was to ask, repeating over and over "I love you", and grabbing the wrong hand to later finding out that I ruined his real plan.  I love that memory and I especially love my husband and the life we have together!  Thirdly, Eric's dad is coming into town today from Korea!  He's been over there for almost a year for work.  I'm hoping to get a good picture of the 3 Koroknay men!  (hint, hint Jeff)  It should be a wonderful time this weekend and next week with Christmas celebrations.  Hopefully, Gavin will be able to meet Santa soon before he heads back up to the North Pole!  So....like I said, today is very special for all these reasons.  Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy!
Right after Eric proposed....


After telling our family we're engaged....


Walking on Cloud 9....

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I hope you enjoy your special day today!

Katie said...

Congratulations Brooke and Eric!!