In my opinion, I think Gavin has a secret agenda to make us look like fools. I bet he tries his hardest to be the happiest baby in public; smiling and laughing at our family and friends and even strangers. Then when it's just the three of us at home, the fussiness begins and never ends. I no longer know the concept of sleep. Walking around like a zombie is my norm. Not even coffee can cure my sleeplessness during the day. I called Eric this morning wondering if we're doing something wrong. The encouraging husband he is said to me that we're doing fine; we're new parents and this is to be expected. I love him! :)
In Gavin's defense, I felt some bumps on his gums and I'm sure he's in some kind of pain when he's not distracted by entertaining people. He's crawling like crazy and is starting to pull himself up to a standing position. Yesterday morning, I heard him grunting and huffing in his crib. I went to check up on him and he was standing, holding onto the side of the crib! It freaked me out because the dropside of the crib was down! Gavin will be 7 months old this Friday. Every day I ask myself, "How did this happen?!"
I don't know about anyone else but December is going by way too fast! We attended our church's Christmas banquet last Thursday. I was in charge of the games which was a lot of fun planning it out. From what my church tells me, they had a lot of fun. From the host's point-of-view, I could've done a lot better with the rules and regulations. Oh well! This past Saturday, we attended Eric's work Christmas party and Gavin received his first wrapped Christmas gift. And wouldn't you know it, he played with the box rather than the actual toy. Why do ALL babies do that?! This Wednesday afternoon is my work Christmas luncheon. Then Eric's dad is coming into town this Friday. Next Wednesday is another Christmas party with our close friends. Christmas Eve is spent at Greg and Mitzi's house. Then FINALLY Christmas Day!
Here are some pictures of Gavin at 29 weeks old....




No comments:
Post a Comment