Lately I've been having a hard time focusing. Not just physically with my eyes but mentally and emotionally. I almost feel as though I'm being attacked and there is nothing I can say or do to make things right. It ticks me off when others speak falsely of me and rant of negative comments about my character. But what can I do?
I'm losing focus on what's true and important in my life. I'm losing focus on controlling my emotions and to speak in love. I'm losing focus on just love in general.
What is true and important? "Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in
Christ also has forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32 God forgives me and doesn't hold grudges like this world does. He saved me from the pits of hell and I can live forever in Heaven with Him. God loves me more than anyone on this earth. God is patient and understanding among other wonderful qualities that we only strive to acquire.
How do I control my emotions? "...be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." James 1:19 Basically, think REALLY hard before you speak.
How do I love? "We love, because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19 If we just realize how much love is freely given to us then we should naturally love others just as freely.
Gotta get my focus back....
1 comment:
You are so right Brooke. We need to look to God for peace and comfort. People in this world will disappoint us, but God never will. He loves you and He knows your heart. Regardless of what people think of you, are you pleasing God with your life? We can't be perfect, it's impossible. People think Christians should be perfect, but they are missing the point. We are not perfect, we are forgiven. We also need to forgive, to turn the other cheek and to let God change people's hearts. There is power in prayer, and hope in God. I love you!
Post a Comment