Monday, January 18, 2010

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...

I have too many thoughts in my head so I'll just get on with it....

Gavin is 8 months old today!  I cannot believe how fast this time is going.  Only 4 more months until he's a year old.  Somebody please tell me how this happened!!!   Gavin has two teeth now!  The other one finally revealed itself about a week ago.  Pretty soon we'll be eating steak as a family. :)  Gavin is also clapping a lot! 

He was given a rocking horse yesterday by a friend and he loves it!  
This past Saturday we had dinner at my dad's house.  He has three dogs that aren't used to little people crawling or crying.  Maxwell wasn't too sure about Gavin and kept barking at him.  His bark kept scaring Gavin but it also made him laugh at some points.   
My dad has a video clip of it as well.   
Eric is also proud to announce that we have set up Gavin's ESA 529 (Educational Savings Account).  Now we're able to start saving for his college tution.  If you would like to contribute on a monthly basis, please contact me and we'll send you the paperwork. 

I know I mentioned this a while ago, but I was on a fantasy football league.  Well, I ended up with thrid place!  Hey, considering I had no idea what I was doing and this was my first time, I think I did pretty good! :)

Side note: the matchmaking did not succeed.

Lately, I've been wanting to write a report about infomercials.  First of all, I LOVE infomercials!  It would be my goal to try every "As seen on TV" products!  But in our financial state, I cannont accomplish such a goal.  However, I have been able to try a few of them.  The Snuggie, Heel Tastic, WEN hair care products, Sham-wow, Ped Egg, Toe Spreader, Magic Bullet, and some more that I can't think of right now.  The only items we thought actually worked are the Magic Bullet and Heel Tastic.  The Sunggie was full of static, WEN made my hair feel unclean, Sham-wow did not absorb anything but my money, Ped Egg is too sharp for my skin (I'm actually afraid of knives), and my toes actually ached with the Toe Spreader.  We actually have a Food Dehydrator that we haven't tried yet and I'm hoping to make beef jerky.  I went to the "As seen on TV" website and there are a trillion of things to try out!  This might take a lifetime!

This week is a little laid back as far as plans go.  I'm still working out three times a week.  No changes yet but I know it takes awhile.  I also need to drink more water and watch what I'm eating.  I failed to make a dinner meal last week.  We had a lot going on and I couldn't even make it to the grocery store to buy the ingredients I needed.  I'm planning to cook two dinners this week...if it actually happens is another story.

If you'd like to see more videos, please check out my youtube account:  bythebrook23

Have a great week! 

 Playing with Daddy



         

The Rocking Horse


No comments: