It's always nice to reconcile a difference with a friend. For the past week, I've been feeling out of sorts with a couple friends and the Lord kept tugging at my heart to say something. How else are my friends gonna know that I'm hurt if I don't say anything? So I called them up yesterday and I got the response I was expecting, "Oh Brooke, I didn't know...." Things were reconciled and it was such a great burden lifted off my shoulders! I can only give God the praise for that!
The concept of reconcilation and forgiveness has been on my mind. I know some people hold grudges against others for something stupid they've done in the past. Why do we do this?! How is that going to benefit your life, bring you joy or even glorify God? Why is it so difficult to let go of the past? Yes, I believe we have a past to learn from it and to not make the same mistakes again; but to hold it against someone for years is absolutely ridiculous. You don't know their heart and the possible changes they've made. I know Jesus has even said, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone...." (John 8:7) I'm not sure if you know this but sin is sin; we are sinners; and we are forgiven of our sins by the Ultimate price that was paid on the Cross....if we believe. Why is forgiveness so difficult for us, mere humans, to apply? When you "forgive" someone, that means you won't bring up that hurt ever again! When you "forgive" someone, that means you look at them in a new light. When you "forgive" someone, that means you will have peace within your heart. When you "forgive" someone, that means you are glorifying the Lord. Why wouldn't you want to forgive?!
My prayer for you is that you forgive whoever has hurt you in the past. Forgive and forget; I KNOW that's easier said than done but forgiveness is so needed in today's world. Forgive and let it go....
1 comment:
Ok Brooke, were you talking directly to me?! I definitely needed that, and I thank you soo much for putting yourself out there, to help us all. I really appreciate your friendship Brooke. You have, and always will teach me so much!!
Love you,
Katie
Post a Comment