Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas then the New Year!

Can't believe Christmas has come and gone so quickly.  I tried my best to capture all of the memories of Gavin's first Christmas.  I will say there are just too many pictures to post!  On our way to my mom's house for dinner, Eric says to me, "I never understood the concept that 'it's all about the kids' until now."  Meaning, we didn't care if we got presents or not (knowing that's not the true meaning of Christmas) but watching Gavin try to rip the paper and play with his "noise-making" toys was SO much fun!  He got lots of toys, some clothes, a few books, a couple toys for when he turns 1 year old, stuffed animals, and a blanket made by Grandmama.  This was probably our best Christmas ever!

I'm not sure if I wrote this before but we finally have a tooth on the bottom of his gums.  Just one.  He's starting to really use his high-pitch voice when playing or just talking.  It's very piercing but it's so funny to watch his facial expressions too.  Also, it seems as though he gains weight every time I pick him up but he hasn't gained a pound!  And, he's looking like Eric more and more every day.  Poor kid.  :)

Now onto the New Year!  We have had a great start already!  We attended our church's First Annual Chili Cook-Off where Eric has the award winning Hottest Chili!  I think he made it for me. :)  Afterwards, we went over to a friend's house to watch the ball drop.  Already this month, we have paid off TWO debts!  Leaving us with only FOUR left!  I can hardly believe it myself.  We have been doing really well and we're so close to being done forever!  By our calculations, we should be done by July of this year.  Another awesome report is that we FINALLY had to buy diapers for the FIRST time since Gavin has been born!  It was on December 31, 2009 while Gavin was 7 1/2 months old.  Amazing!

As a New Year's Resolution, I would like to start a monthly gathering with friends.  I would like to make it every last Saturday of the month; we will get together for dinner, dessert, games or just chit-chatting.  We'll start with our place of residence for the month of January.  And if you can't make it this month then shoot for next month.  I want our friends to know that we do actually want to get together but we realize that life's happenings sometimes get in the way.  Now, it doesn't have to be at our house every month; we would love someone to open up their house as well.  So, I'll be sending around an email.  Let me know if you'd like to partake in my New Year's Resolution!  It'll be lots of fun!

God is Good!

No comments: