As most of you know, I had a gathering at our place of residence this past Saturday and it was a lot of fun! We set the time for 5:00 and we didn't eat till about 6:45. That's always the case when you have a potluck dinner setting. Since we had a Mexican theme, we set up a make-it-yourself taco buffet along with chips and salsa with Corona and Margaritas (too strong to even drink thanks to my husband) to wash it down. Also, Eric kept ranting and raving about Rachel Goette's Chicken Enchiladas! They were outstanding!!! Then Mr. LaChance brought us dessert and my guests turned into vultures over that! :) After a dessert break, we played games and we really got to see everyone come out of their shell. We played CatchPhrase and Cranium; the only two games we have for a group of people. Of course Gavin was sleeping but I don't know how he stayed asleep with all the yelling and laughing in the other room. There were definitely memorable moments like "Ipod" and "String Cheese." Also, my impression of Oprah Winfrey and Leah trying to draw a rack! Oh...and Rick, I know you cheated on "Cabin Fever". My husband ratted you out after everyone left! Anyhow, we had a great time and we're looking forward to next month's get together.
Speaking of, I was planning on bowling for the month of February. So, if you're interested, please let me know! We have more friends in North Pinellas than South Pinellas so we may find a bowing alley half way heading north. I'd like to go Galatic Bowling so it might be a late gathering. But I'll let you know for sure.
Lately, I've been doing something different. I haven't been wearing makeup a lot if any at all. 1. I don't have my regular powder I usually wear. I ran out. 2. I'd like to take better care of my skin. 3. I like to rub my eyes and now I don't worry about smudging my eyeliner. I never wore that much to begin with but now I'm going all naturelle. I'm telling you this just in case I look tired or pale or even like a completely different person. I may wear some on a special ocassion but that'll be a last minute decision.
I have another piece of news I'd like to share. We made our very first BIG purchase yesterday, without credit, without a payment plan, without interest! I'm a little weary about sharing only because it may seem like a bad idea to you but you know what, I don't care! We have been saving up for this and we have been doing so well with our debt that we decided to reward ourselves. We bought a 50" flat screen tv! With all the tv sales going on because of SuperBowl Sunday, we took advantage. We shopped around at Costco, hhgregg, Best Buy and then back at hhgregg. They had the best sale prices and a wider selection. Let me put your mind at ease for just a moment. We're still on track with our debt and we actually paid one off this month! We were gonna get a big tv like this eventually and patience is obviously a virtue we have yet to learn. :) So....if you don't have anywhere to go for SuperBowl this Sunday, I'm sure we can find extra space in our bedroom for you to fit. You might have to sit in the closet. HAHA!!!
Our week is not busy at all except Eric is doing schoolwork and Gavin is growing teeth. But as for me, what else is there except working out?! Gotta run....no pun intended. :)
From Left to Right: Danielle, Aaron, Rachel, Crystal, Amanda, Leah and Rick
There I am!
Probably an intense conversation....
The mess we made....
My little man....






1 comment:
I love your blog! It's fun reading the updates. And the bamdurger... UGGH!!!
Post a Comment