Lately while driving, I've noticed how many people are in such a rush these days. They zoom past the flow of traffic just to reach a red light. They tail others as the universal sign of "you're going too slow!" They violate a bunch of traffic laws and never get caught....at least not in my presence. It makes me think that they are so focused on their destination that they become impatient, wreckless and almost rude to those around them. Do we do that in life? Are we so focused on where we're going that we neglect the needs and concerns of those around us? Just something to think about....
I'll admit that I do go over the speed limit but I try to stay with the flow of traffic and tend to be patient with those idiots around me. My husband, on the other hand, he goes from one extreme to another! Sometimes he doesn't even know that he's going 10 mph under the speed limit. His excuse, "I'm carrying precious cargo." Then other times he'll be speeding down US 19. His excuse, "I'm going with the flow of traffic." My response, "Not if you're ahead of everyone else!"
Scenario: If there is noticeably a red light ahead, Eric will literally slow down when he's not even half way there. The car behind us is tailing us then angrily swerves around; probably waving the inappropriate finger and yelling words that are bleeped out on tv. Then Eric says something, "Why speed up just to slow down?" It made me smile because he really looks to see what's ahead and he chooses the appropriate actions to take. He looked at the big picture! The car that was behind us only saw what was in front of them: someone that was not going their speed. I hope all of this makes sense because it sounds good in my head! :)
To sum up, don't be in such a rush. Be aware of those around you. You'll get there when you get there. (Speaking literally and metaphorically)
This topic made me think of this safety commercial. It's very powerful!
No comments:
Post a Comment