Thursday, April 1, 2010

Countdown: 1 Day

So I measured my hair today.  I used to do this a lot when I had long hair before.  The longest it ever got was 22 inches because I would joke that it was longer than a newborn baby.  Today, I created a new record of 26 1/2 inches!  I actually feel a lot better knowing that it's longer than I thought.  That means I'm only cutting less than half my hair off. :)  Gavin will also be getting a haircut tomorrow.  He had his first hair cut at almost 6 months old and now again at 10 1/2 months old.  Thank God we have a hairstylist in the family! :)

I've always known this but it became very evident last night....Gavin LOVES bathtime!  He was all over the tub; splashing, kicking, bouncing and slipping.  I was worried about him bumping his head so I got him a faucet cover.  Gavin's uncle would be so proud because it's a Fire Fighter Duckie!  Since Eric was at school last night, it was difficult to video tape Gavin and his excitement for bathtime.  I'll try next time.  


Tonight was supposed to be batting practice with the team but apparently I'm the only one who needs the practice.  Everyone else bailed.  Oh well.  Eric and I are still going and then we're heading to Hooters for 007 Wings!  I'm SO excited!  I've been craving these wings since the last time I had them in December.  

Tomorrow will be quite busy as will the rest of the weekend.  First of all, we have off for Good Friday.  So, we're having lunch with my brother and my soon-to-be sister-in-law.  (They're getting married at the end of this month in Hawaii.)  After lunch, we're going to stop by my friend's house and drop off clothes and toys for her 5 month old baby boy, Gabe.  Clothes for Gavin have never been a worry for us because we get all of his cousin's hand-me-downs.  We are actually stocked with clothes till he's 4 years old!  Then after our visit with Gabe and his mommy, it'll be haircut time.  I'm telling you all of this now because I doubt I'll have time to post anything tomorrow.  Hopefully on Saturday, I'll be able to upload the before and after pictures of my hair.  Have a great Easter weekend! 

No comments: