Since starting up softball again, I've realized that I'm not as athletic as I used to be. I'm not talking about when I was in high school because I wasn't athletic then....at all! I'm talking about maybe 1 1/2 years ago....before I got pregnant!
Before we got married, I was involved in Boot Camps, working out every day (if not, every other day), loved running, playing tennis and softball....all because I wanted to get into shape for our wedding. My wish was granted! I felt great on our wedding day (except for a tiny portion of back fat). And just to speed through the process, got pregnant, gained 40 pounds, had a baby and lost all the weight and now I've been sitting at my pre-pregnancy weight for about 7 months now.
HOWEVER, not everything went back to its usual self! Even though I weigh the same, the legs got thicker, the belly is a little flabbier, and the arms a tad bit jigglier. This, I have not been content with. My excuse is that I have not devoted enough, if any, time to focus on those problem areas....and this is where I throw myself a pity party. But not this month! The great news is that when Gavin turns 1 year old, I can take him to the gym with me! In the meantime, I will be walking every day; exercizing to workout videos 3 times a week; eating better thanks to my personal chef of a husband; but most importantly having discipline, self-control and a "I can do it" attitude!
P.S. The real key into losing weight is to wear clothes that are too big for you. You'll start getting compliments like crazy! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment