Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Transitions

This week has definitely been a week of transitions for the Koroknay family. 

First of all, Gavin starting drinking cow's milk this past Monday.  So far, so good.  No allergic reactions.  No fussiness.  Still sleeping through the night. 

Secondly, we took Gavin to the gym with us for the first time yesterday after work.  That didn't go so well.  The rules for the gym's daycare is that the child be at least a year old and walking.  Gavin is almost one and he can walk so we thought we'd give it a go.  Twenty-five minutes into our work-out, I get called to the daycare area.  The girl was holding Gavin the whole time because he would cry if she tried putting him down.  Apparently, they don't accept crying kids (it was in the rules).  Also, she had 13 kids to watch by herself and couldn't do it while holding Gavin.  Later she tells us that the maximum capacity is 9 kids.  It was a very disappointing situation to say the least but we're gonna give it another try.  If it happens again then we're going to talk to the manager about getting out of our contract.  Eric said it well, "The daycare should not depict when we can or cannot go to the gym." 

Back to our transitions....thirdly, we are able to turn our car seats so they're facing foward!  This is HUGE because in my car, the rear-facing carseat left NO leg room for my front-seat passenger.  I'm SO excited!!! 

Last but not least, the short-sale house situation has reached the next step.  The seller's lender FINALLY accepted our offer and now they're checking the seller's inability to pay their mortgage.  It has been 3 months to get to this point and I think we're about to taste victory very soon!  We were able to see the house on Monday (since it has been 3 months) and I think I loved it more now than when I first saw it.  This time it was vacant and very dirty, however, I got really excited when thinking about cleaning it all up and making it our own.

This Sunday is Gavin's BIG Birthday Party.  When I say BIG, I mean BIG!  I'll tell you why after the party. :)  I just hope he cooperates with the Smash Cake.  Can't believe I have a 1-year old!  Do you remember when he was born?

No comments: