Hello all! I'm writing you during my lunch break to let you know of a little scare we had last night.....
First of all, I'm not one to admit that I'm getting sick but I will tell you that I'm fighting back with all I've got! I'm doing my usual remedies for upcoming sickness which is overdosing on vitamin C and gargling with mouthwash at least 3 times a day. All that's wrong now is my nose running. Other than that, no sore throat and no aches or pains.
Ok...back to the news. After Eric and I watched a stand-up comedian online, I was getting ready for bed (ok, I was actually on the pot when this happened) when all of a sudden the power went out! This happened around 9:15. After finishing my "business", we tried to flip the breaker. But it wasn't flipped off to begin with. So we went outside and realized that it was just three houses that turned off. Everyone else was fine! Since I was already in the mood to go to bed, that's what I did. Gavin stayed asleep but I covered him with more blankets.
Apparently, our three houses shared a circuit breaker that busted and they had to replace the whole system. They said it would take 2 hours but they didn't finish till 2:30 a.m. Imagine lying in bed with all the lights off and with complete silence then all of a sudden, ALL of the lights come on and ALL of the electrical noises (that you don't necessarily hear until they're gone) come on....at 2:30 IN THE MORNING! Thankfully it didn't get that cold that night. And our sweet neighbor across the street offered to have us stay at their house with the heat! I love our neighborhood!
Just had to share the news....
No comments:
Post a Comment