In my opinion, my husband and I have two songs. The first one is The Day Before You by Rascal Flatts. Interestingly enough, it was written by Matthew West; a popular Christian artist who wrote it for his wife. This song was played as our first dance at our wedding:
Our second song is Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barfield. Eric sang this song during our wedding ceremony. I wanted him to sing to me but I didn't want to know what song he was singing. He did an amazing job and I will always remember that! This song was also featured in a faith-based movie called Fireproof with Kirk Cameron.
Those two songs represent my relationship with Eric. But there's also another song that speaks even closer to my heart because it's about my relationship with the Lord. I couldn't find a video so I will just post the lyrics. This song makes me tear-up everytime I hear it. It's sung by Watermark (a Christian husband/wife group that is no longer). LOVE her voice! If you're interested, call me and I'll play it for you! :)
It is time that we give you honor
This is the day to give you
All the praise that you deserve
Yes, it's time to give you honor
This is the day to give you
All the praise that you deserve
A Holy King, of everything
Inhabit the praises of Your people
A Holy King, of everything
Inhabit the praises of Your people
Have we waited far too long to surrender
Forgive us Oh God the years
We failed to seek your face
Oh Lord, your mercy turns us into
Grateful people
We can't seem to find the words
So take our lives that there might be enough
To tell you how grateful
Lord, we are grateful
Bless the Lord, oh my soul
(He has done great things)
And all that is within me
(He had done great things)
Bless His holy name
When I do think of ALL the great things the Lord has done, I am nothing but grateful that He chose to bless me!
1 comment:
Great music!
He sang to you at your wedding? Did you just cry cry cry?? So sweet.
Post a Comment