Friday, January 7, 2011

Out of the Ordinary

Last night, I did something out of the ordinary.  I made dinner!  While at work, I thought to myself, "Self, you should do something special for your husband today.  You should look up simple, quick & easy recipes for tonight!"  And there you have it....dinner made.  Eric was delightfully surprised and said that I should do this every Thursday.  See, last year one of my many resolutions was to cook on a weekly basis.  That, like all the rest of unresolved resolutions, came to an end after 2 weeks.  What did I make?  Orange Picante Chicken with rice and broccoli.  I found the recipe on http://www.campbellskitchen.com/

Another thing out of the ordinary happened last night.  Gavin wouldn't sleep at all!  He was crying  screaming at 3 different times during the night.  So at 2:30, I got him out of bed and we laid on the couch.  HE IS A MOVER AND A SHAKER!  It seemed as though my little boy could not get comfortable (having flashbacks of him in my womb).  Needless to say, I maybe got 2 1/2 hours of sleep.  Thankfully, the Lord has given me strength and energy to start the day!  I'll let you know tomorrow if I made it through ok. :)

I'm still working on those posts that are to come.  So many pictures, so many videos.  I'll leave you with a bye-bye....

No comments: