As I'm reading other bloggers' blogs, I have been seeing a trend of labeling days of the week. It seems to be like a little motivation to keep writing. I thought I could adapt this popular concept (believe me, I'm not a crowd follower). So for Thursdays, I'm going to name something specific of what I'm thankful for.
My husband is to be listed as my first Thankful Thursday. It was a toss up between him or my baby boy; but there would be no baby boy without the husband so....
My husband is not your stereotypical type of husband and for that, I am grateful! Society sometimes depicts the man to care about nothing but sports, computers and doing what the wife says. Ok...so MY husband does watch sports but he doesn't mind watching Cars every night and an occasional glimpse of my show every now and then. He does use the computer a lot but he has to do his online classes somehow....perhaps online? And as far as doing what I say, it goes both ways....it's a partnership.
What's different about my husband? He's sensitive, compassionate, thoughtful and so stinkin' hilarious! He's the one that wants to discuss our argument right then and there (where as I want to dwell on it for hours). He's the one that runs out to the store to get medicine if I'm sick and will wrap me up in blankets (where as I would say "Oh you're not that sick so suck it up"). He's the one that goes grocery shopping and cooks dinner for our family almost every night (where as I despise the thought of making a PB&J). He's the one that prays when the going gets tough or when we're flying high (where as I would sulk in self-pity or rub our achievements in others' faces). He's the one that makes me laugh so much (where as I try my hardest to make a funny). So yes, my husband is perfect. As for me, well, have a lot of work to do. :) (Side note: I might have exaggerated on MY aspect of things...just a tad).
I'm thankful that my husband comes home every night to be with his family. I'm thankful that he thinks of me often that he calls me just to say "I love you." I'm thankful that he loves to make our child laugh. I'm thankful that he puts his family first....always.
With all that said, I'm not afraid to proclaim how much I love my husband. I've said this before and I'll probably continue to say it over and over but WE HAVE THE BEST MARRIAGE EVER! I am so thankful for my marriage. I know we'll have our rough patches some days but those will be our opportunities for our marriage to grow! We always hope and pray that we can be a testimony to other couples. Why did we get married? Because we ultimately want our marriage to glorify God (got that answer from my pastor.) :)
I'm thankful that my husband comes home every night to be with his family. I'm thankful that he thinks of me often that he calls me just to say "I love you." I'm thankful that he loves to make our child laugh. I'm thankful that he puts his family first....always.
With all that said, I'm not afraid to proclaim how much I love my husband. I've said this before and I'll probably continue to say it over and over but WE HAVE THE BEST MARRIAGE EVER! I am so thankful for my marriage. I know we'll have our rough patches some days but those will be our opportunities for our marriage to grow! We always hope and pray that we can be a testimony to other couples. Why did we get married? Because we ultimately want our marriage to glorify God (got that answer from my pastor.) :)



1 comment:
That is so sweet Brooke :) Now when times do get rough, keep all of these sweet things you say about him, and the sweet notes he writes you and it will remind you that you truly love each other!! And for the record, I laugh an awful lot when we're together. I think you're pretty funny yourself ;)
Post a Comment