You knew this one was coming because of last week's entry....Gavin. So much joy had entered my life when the evidence of his presence was known. God is definitely going to use Gavin in a mighty way and I'm so excited to see how. When it comes to Gavin, I have so much to be thankful for. Let's start from the beginning....
Once we found out I was pregnant, we prayed EVERY night for his life; his health, his development, his character and his future. We also prayed for no complication and a safe and smooth labor/delivery. My pregnancy was perfect. My labor/delivery were perfect. My baby was perfect. So much to be thankful for within this short paragraph.
His health: Gavin has only been sick 3 times in 20 months (without including his hives episode). No major injuries yet unless you count a chipped tooth.
His development: Gavin has been in the 50th percentile for all areas of physical growth. And I think it's safe to say that my kid is a genius! :) He constantly surprises me with the way he thinks and processes daily activities. He continues to talk A LOT. He's been jibber jabbing ever since he was 6 months old (not sure what the norm is though).
His character: Gavin is such a social butterfly! I think he'd rather be surrounded by a ton of strangers than be at home with his parents. He loves interacting with other kids (especially his cousin Dylan). He actually obeys certain commands we use....which is astonishing to me! He's such a cuddler too which just melts my heart.
I'm very thankful and honored that God chose me to mother this amazing child...even more so that he created such a human being that has brought so much joy to so many lives! Thank you, Lord!




2 comments:
He is an amazing kid! I am so happy that he brings such joy to your life! Excited for the day that he and Gwen will actually get to play together!
Sooo adorable! What a blessing he is :) Kids change everything, but always for the better!! I think you are an amazing mom!
Post a Comment