Monday, February 21, 2011

Complete Honesty

I love the friends that tell you the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  For instance, the comments about my blog's new look were brutally honest and I loved it!  I think it's easier to say honest comments through text than it is face to face.  But once you find those friends who are directly straight up with you, don't let them go! 

In my life, I have friends with all different kinds of honesty.  I have the kind that say, "Things are going good but I'm not going into detail."  The kind that say, "I am really depressed and here's what's going on."  And even the kind that say, "Brooke, what were you thinking?!"  When you find friends that are openly honest with you, you will have a tendancy to trust them more on a deeper level and maybe even seek their opinions and advice.  I'm hoping to be that kind of friend to others.  If I think you're doing something wrong or against God's will, I hope I can lovingly correct you.  If you're down in the dumps, I hope I can encourage you, not with false hope but with God's Truth.  And if you're baby is ugly, I will most likely say they're absolutely beautiful because God's creation is beautiful. :)

1 comment:

Katie Norton said...

You are too funny :) I, for one, appreciate your honesty!! I hope you feel that I am the kind of friend that is honest with you too. Oh, and when I tell you how cute your baby is, I really mean it . . . even if my kids think his name is Kevin ;)