Ever since I applied for and received my library card, I've been wanting to check out some books. Not just to look at them but to actually READ them too! And I'm NOT talking about the books with illustrations or only a few sentences on each page. I'm talking about big people/adult books!
Saturday morning, I went to the library and looked at their New Books section. I found 3 and they're all due back on the 20th! That only gives me 12 more days to read them and I've only finished the first chapter of 1 book. I'm a very slow reader. I'm not ashamed of it. Reading has never been my strong suit. Most of the time, I get lost in the words or I start daydreaming or thinking about what needs to get done or my eyes get so heavy that I just end up falling asleep after the first paragraph. But I'm determined to read these books and prove that I.....I actually don't know what I'm going to prove. I just want to start reading and set a good example for my son, who already loves to read books!
Wish me good reading! ....or is it well reading?
1 comment:
I'm the EXACT same way when it comes to reading! Even with the best books, I'm always "waking up" during the chapter!
Post a Comment