Everyone has seen or at least knows about the show "The Biggest Loser." My favorite is when Jillian Michaels literally yells in the contestants' faces because they're not pushing hard enough! I WISH I had her as a personal trainer....but that would be extremely expensive. So, I borrowed a Jillian Michael's Workout DVD which was FREE.
Why is it that the simple exercises WITHOUT weights are the worst and most painful to do?! Simple squats turn into burning thighs, constant uppercuts turn into numbing arms and ab crunches turn into laboring contractions! And that's just the first 15 minutes of the DVD! Needless to say, Jillian kicked my butt last night. However, I am keeping to my promise of working out every day this week!
Tonight, I'm gonna take Gavin on a walk around the neighborhood. Speaking of Gavin, he kept saying "Mama" this morning! I know I have probably said this before but he is such a joy to wake up to! I walk in his room and he's standing in his crib. He's all smiles and full of laughter because I'm sure he's excited that someone will finally get him out of that crib! When I get home from work, we spend some time in the kitchen while Daddy cooks dinner. That's probably my favorite time of the day. Gavin loves walking around in his walker to see what he can get/run into.
Please keep Eric in your prayers for a job. More 2 Life received a letter which confirmed that they will not be funded by the government grant for next school year. Which means by September Eric will be out of a job. He's not really looking for another job right now but we will be in constant prayer about which direction he'll be taking. I love the way Eric has grown into our family's spiritual leader. He speaks with such wisdom and encouragement that it makes me think, "Why wouldn't I want to follow him?!" :) Eric has encouraged us to not live in fear but to live by faith; knowing that the Lord will provide him the perfect job. Even though it's not the economy's timing for job placement, we're relying on God's timing for Eric's employment.
This week is going by fast but I am definitely ready for the weekend! BRING IT!!!
2 comments:
Good for you Brooke!! I am so proud of how hard you are working out. It definitely helps make you feel better, doesn't it?! Gavin is so cute, I can't wait to see him and you again :)
You're so right about the non-weight moves being the hardest. I've been doing the insanity workouts from beachbody, and it's all body weight stuff. And it is crazy, want to slit your wrists, fall down and die hard. But at least it's short, non of the classes are more than an hour, which is really all a human can be asked to do!
Post a Comment