Friday, January 22, 2010

Nightmares

Nightmares are the worst!  When you wake up from a nightmare, you have to figure out if it was real or not.  In my case, I had to wake up three times from three nightmares last night.  Eric was on a staff retreat for an overnight stay and I was home with Gavin....and my scary dreams.  I'll briefly describe them.

The first nightmare, I was in my car getting ready to pull out of a parking spot and my passengers were distracting me.  I ended up backing into a cabin.  Since Gavin was in the car, they took him and wouldn't tell me if he was ok or not.  I wanted to cry in my dream but I couldn't for some reason, so it sounded like I was whimpering.  I woke up with the urge to cry and I quickly ran to see if Gavin was ok.

The second nightmare, I was in a room with the ceiling fan light on.  The door was closing but it didn't close all the way.  Then I could tell that someone was on the other side of the door trying to shut it.  I quickly opened the door and I saw a shadow of a guy run into the next room with the light off.  There was a storm outside and every time the lightning struck, the light would show the shadow of that guy....and he was holding a crowbar.  I knew he could see my shadow in the hallway so I froze; knowing that he would run after me if I moved.  I woke up scared out of my mind!  I kept listening for the slightest noise to indicate someone was in the house.  I ended up falling alseep again....

The third nightmare is a continuation of the second one.  Some guy with glasses was leaning over me, trying to wake me up.  I could tell that he was a victim because he had a long, bloody, sideways "S" on his forehead.  He said to me, "Come on, wake up!  We gotta get outta here!"  And I looked behind him and there was that shadow of the guy with the crowbar!  I woke up scared more than ever.  I didn't want to get out of bed or even move while I was laying there!  But I heard Gavin crying and I immediately had to overcome my fear.

So, all that to say I really miss my husband even if it's for one night!  I've been thinking of happy thoughts ever since I woke up.  I love it when Gavin greets me with a big smile in the mornings.  I love how my husband calls just to tell me a funny story.  I love chocolate milk even though I haven't had any in a long time.  And it makes me laugh that Gavin looks SO much like Eric!  They even have the same eyebrows!


Bad nightmares but oh happy day!


In light of me being scared....

1 comment:

Katie said...

Aww, I'm so sorry you had such bad dreams! That just means that Eric makes you feel so safe and secure you don't know what to do without him :) I love the picture!! It's totally you Brooke!! ♥