Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Working Out is hard to do

After 8 months of baby excuses, I am back on track to working out once again!  I started Monday night with just a nice 30 minute jog (indoors on a treadmill, of course....why would I jog outside is 30 degree weather?!) then tonight I lifted weights, lunged my legs off, and loved that sore feeling!  For now, my goal is to workout three times a week with the support of my loving husband to take care of Gavin.  Not sure why I didn't commit to this earlier!  I guess this is just another New Year's Resolution.

Speaking of resolutions, I have mentioned two already but I want to clarify that I made one for certain areas of my life: 
Socially:  To have monthly get togethers
Physically:  To workout three times a week
Spiritually:  To do my daily Bible study
Domestically:  To cook at least once a week
Matrimonially:  To show my husband respect on a daily basis
Motherly:  To make my son laugh every day
Occupationally:  To not be distracted with socializing
Economically:  To pay off debt and to visit mom and pop restuarants when going out.
Emotionally:  To be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger (James 1:19)

Let's just say that I have a lot to work on....

Christmas morning, opening gifts....

...then with our friends, Jonathan and Stacey, later that night.

Gavin's always eating....just like his parents!  Hence, the workout resolution. :)
Love, Brooke

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Brooke- you're such a great Mom! As for the working out...I just went to a cycling class on Tuesday morning...first time back in the gym in 11 months! I enjoyed waiting my 8 weeks of "recovery" and now I can't have any excuse! lol. My goal is also 3 times a week! Too bad we don't live closer, we could totally do out own boot camp again! Hope all is well! Praying for you all!

Katie said...

I love the resolutions Brooke :) I am sure you will do them all!! I love the pictures, Gavin is getting so big!!