Monday, January 17, 2011

Laughter in the Midst of Danger

Just to put everyone's mind at ease, everyone is ok. 

Here's what happened Thursday night: 


The measuring tape is now hidden.  I'm probably a bad parent for allowing this to continue but it was just so funny....at the time.

Then Saturday morning came.  I told one of my dearest friends, Amanda, that I would run a 10K with her.  It was her birthday and one of her friends couldn't make it due to illness.  I didn't want Amanda to do it alone so I volunteered to join her.  Note to self: never run a 10K, let alone a race, on a whim!  My first goal was to keep up with Amanda.  Failed.  After 1/2 mile, I told her to run ahead if she wanted.  My second goal was to finish the race without stopping.  Failed.  I stopped 4 times for 15 seconds each.  My third goal was to not finish dead last.  Success!  Yes, I did throw up after the race.  Yes, a lot of people passed me including an 80-year old man and a woman more portly than I.  Yes, I am severely sore and am unable to walk correctly.  Yes, I am laughing about it now.  So, IF you ever plan on running longer than a mile and you've NEVER done it before....practice and train yourself before you do so!

The last and cutest dangerous event was this morning's thunderstorm.  It was ferocious!  The bright lightning bolts and big thunder booms didn't make Gavin scream but it definitely worried him.  The lights flickered on and off and his little jaw dropped as he said, "OH NO!"  He ran into my arms and held on tightly.  He left his mouth and eyes wide open until the power was completely turned on.  Then his infamous word was said after he wasn't scared anymore, "Cars?!"  Have I mentioned how we're getting sick of that movie?  No?  Ok....it'll happen soon....real soon.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm proud of you for finishing Brooke!! I hope you have a good week, see you soon ;)

Kelly Kalil said...

You are a wonderful friend for doing that! I wouldn't even be able to do the 1/2 mile that you were able to keep up with her! Good job for finishing! I can just see Gavin's precious little face when the power went out!