So Eric and I had "The Talk" last night. The Talk was about our future; to be more precise, about another baby. We both have our we-can/we're-not-ready moments but we never mentioned it to each other. Last night was our first real discussion.
The direction of our conversation went like this: baby, finances, Eric's education, being envious of others, focusing on what we do have, and the end result was to start taking care of what we do have! It was a long conversation with Eric trying to pry things out of my mind. He said he would like to have "The Talk" again but as of January 17, 2011 we're not ready. I'm really great with that answer because even though the Lord will provide for our every need, we really know He wants us to be responsible too! We're not ready financially or emotionally and I'm seriously ok with waiting!
In the meantime, I wrote out a list of ALL the things we need to do to our house. Believe it or not, none of it requires remodeling or reconstructing....it's ALL cleaning related! We both agreed that we would take it one day at a time and if need be we'll spend a whole weekend on the list. Not gonna lie, I got really excited about the whole weekend of cleaning!!!
I can't express to you how free I feel because of The Talk. Now we both know how we feel and what needs to be done. First up, the dishes....
3 comments:
Good job you two :) Communication is the key to a happy/healthy marriage. I am glad you are both on the same page and that you are working together. God knows when and if the right time will come up, and ultimately it's God who determines when the best time is ;) I'm really proud of you both. What a good testimony you are to the people that read your blog!!
Thanks Katie! We learned that God is ultimately in control when we got pregnant with Gavin. :) But we'll talk about "it" again sometime in the near future. No rush....really! :)
Yea for communication. I'm glad "the talk" was successful and left you both feeling better. Maybe you'll be ready for baby #2 when John and I start having kids. That would be fun! That said, I know God has it all in his timing, and I'm thankful for that. I must start responding to your posts now that I can't talk to you every day at work.
Post a Comment