Monday, March 28, 2011

Exhaustion

It's weird because as exhausted as I am, I actually feel wonderful!  Maybe it's because I've been working out in the mornings.  Maybe it's because Gavin has been so well-behaved this past weekend.  Maybe it's because Gavin has been sleeping so well lately.  Maybe it's because Eric and I have figured out how to have "us" time without a babysitter. 

Either way, things are going well.  Friday night, we took Gavin to the beach after work.  There were so many schools of sting ray swimming close to shore!  I forgot my camera but it was pretty amazing.  Gavin was definitely entertaining some old folks during their sunset dinner.  It takes him awhile to get used to the sand and water but after that, he's difficult to control! 

Speaking of difficult to control, Saturday night we had dinner with our pastor, Joe, his wife, Christine and their two kids. His son, Tyler, is about 9 months older than Gavin. These two were so adorable together! Gavin calls him "Ty-ty". We all ate at Five Guys and as soon as the boys were done eating, they were jumping up and down and copying everything the other one was doing. Then we packed it up (which Gavin was not happy about; he kept crying, "Tyyyy-Tyyyy") and headed a couple blocks over to Yogurt Mountain for some frozen yogurt. Their youngest, Lauren, just turned one and she was going to experience her first ice cream. It's amazing because when Tyler turned one, they had invited us then to witness his first ice cream experience. So we definitely felt honored with their second child as well. Lauren wasn't feeling well and she even looked tired so we're not sure if she enjoyed it or not. But the boys....oh the boys! Here are some pictures Christine took.








At the end of our visit, these two boys gave each other the biggest, sweetest hug!  What a great time....not so much for adult conversation though.  :)

Sunday was probably my most favorite day of this past weekend.  This may sound mean but it was because I was by myself and I got SO much done!  Eric had rehearsal in Brandon.  Gavin was with my dad.  And I had a garage to tackle.  I spent about 2-3 hours cleaning out our garage.  I arranged furniture, grouped tools together, lifted up a heavy Christmas tree, threw out a ton of trash (no exaggeration!), and even had time to clean out the back porch.  I also squeezed in an hour work out (even though 2-3 hours was probably enough).  I picked up Gavin, started laundry, gave him a bath, snuggled for a little bit then he was out like a light.  Eric came home and we did our "us" time of playing Rummy 10,000 and watching Chopped All-Stars.  We were both so exhausted that I think we forgot to say Goodnight to each other. 

Oh Happy Refreshed Monday!!!  Treat me good.....

1 comment:

Brandi said...

glad your weekend went well! Love the pics.