Thursday, March 3, 2011

March, Really?!

Don't know about you, but can you believe we're in March already?  That means in two weeks, we switch the clocks ahead.  That means it is going to get hotter in Florida....I can feel it already.  That means we may have to mow our yard again.  That means Eric will start working again.  That means in two months, our little boy will be 2 years old.  WHAT?! 

I am constantly looking at Gavin's baby pictures.  He was so tiny, then chubby and now almost a little man.  Part of me wants him to grow up faster.  For instance, I would like to start potty training him; I would like him to sleep in a toddler bed; I would like him to speak in sentences.  Then there's the other part of me that wants him to stay little forever.  For instance, I miss his baby fat cuteness; I miss rocking him to sleep; I miss him staying put in one area.  But he's growing at his own pace and he amazes me every day.

So far, March has brought us nothing but sickness.  Eric and I both had a 24 hour stomach bug of some sort.  I'll put it delicately:  we had to take turns using the bathroom.  Yes, we have a second bathroom but 1. it was too far away 2. we still have yet to clean it from our plumbing issues.  Which by the way, praise the Lord we got our plumbing fixed before this sickness hit us!  My sickness was so bad that I actually lost 4 pounds enduring it.  Gavin is alright.  He had his vomit explosion Sunday afternoon.  Now, he's not sleeping very well and we're up at all hours of the night.  So pray for us as we're healing and trying to rest as much as we can.  No pictures or videos to post this time but hopefully we get some out to you soon.

Take care and stay healthy!

1 comment:

Katie Norton said...

Aww, I hope you are all recovering!! What a rough week :(