Saturday morning, I brought Gavin with me to meet up with my Fitness Friend, Brandi! I think I'll start calling her my Fitness Friend because that's how we met and that's what's keeping us in touch! :) We played for a little bit on the playground. But once we had a little scare of Gavin about to fall off, we went for a long, long walk. I actually don't even know how long we were walking. I love having friends that can relate to your own circumstances, show sympathy and speak with words of encouragement. I thoroughly enjoyed my time walking and talking with Brandi, even though we are in "competition".
After my refreshing visit, we cleaned house! Gavin went with Papa for a little bit while we went furniture shopping yet again! We were thinking about going to IKEA but we ended up going to local furniture stores. We think we found what we want but we're going to do the smart thing and really take into consideration all that goes into buying furniture. Saturday night, Gavin went to sleep pretty easily again - which I totally forgot to mention -
Since Gavin was a baby, we used a noisemaker. We downloaded a copy of noises onto our ipod and plugged it into an ipod station to play all night long. We used the noise of a vacuum/hair dryer. All last week, he did without! We tried to be more mindful of our noises outside his room but he did great! I kinda hit me that he's growing up and soon he'll be in a toddler bed and using the potty and dressing himself and tying his shoes and graduating college and getting married and having his own kids.....am I way ahead of myself?!
Sunday was a little busy for me since I felt like a single mother. Eric had performances all day in Tampa. So I took Gavin to church which he was very well-behaved during worship! Yes, that's surprising to me. After church, we went home and ate lunch. He made a HUGE mess because I wasn't watching him; I was doing dishes and getting the laundry prepared (not actually doing it though). So I made him take a bath which thankfully, he has no objections to bathtime right now. Then we rested, which translate into we laid on the couch while Gavin was watching Monsters Inc. and I was dozing in and out of sleep. I had to fully wake up when he started jumping on me and kept saying, "Fast forward please." Those darn commercials! I think we have truly spoiled our child with a DVR.
Then we went to my mom's for dinner. There we visited with Grandma, Aunt Judy, Cousin Linda and Pete, Renee and Baby Baylor. Oh my gosh I have a cute nephew! He's such a bundle of adorableness! Of course, Gavin allowed me only a limited time of holding my nephew. Then Sunday night, I tried to catch up with my workouts. Four more weeks, Brandi!
Have a great week and sorry this is such a long update.
This video was from last Sunday (April 3rd) when we watched Wrestlemania 27! Sorry for my loud burst of laughter in the beginning....my son just makes me laugh.
2 comments:
busy weekend! I enjoyed our relaxing walk and we will have to plan them more often!
Sounds like you had a really good weekend :) Very smart of you regarding the furniture. I hope you make the right decision. I can't wait to see you Tues night!
Post a Comment