Friday, October 22, 2010

First Blood

There was a little accident this morning.  While I was taking a shower, little Gavin lost his balance and fell; hitting his face on the toilet.  His cry was a huge silent one until he caught his breath and was able to use his vocal chords.  I immediately stopped my shower (thankfully I just rinsed out the shampoo) and jumped out to hold my hurt little boy.  Then the blood came....

Gavin's top gums were a little bloody.  I think (I'm not exactly certain) that this was the first time he had a bleeding wound.  Thankfully I did not freak out as much as I thought I would.  After I tried to rinse his mouth out, he did not want me to let him go.  Do you know how difficult it is to put your clothes on and put your hair up (not conditioned by the way) with one arm let alone holding a 17 month old baby?!  The second I bend over to possibly put him down the screaming starts.  But we got through it.  Gavin has a very slight fat lip but he'll be fine.

Tonight, I'm finishing up the surprises for Eric!  It should only take ALL night....geez.  The things I do for this man.  :)  But I honestly can't wait to see his expression.

Just a side note:  tomorrow is my birthday and I'm really not all that excited about it.  1.  My husband's out of town.  2.  I'll be one year shy of that BIG number 3-0.  3.  I have a huge crater on my chin.

happy birthday to me.   

1 comment:

Alex and Emily said...

Sorry about the injury! Sounds so sad.

And, Happy Birthday tomorrow. I hope your big day surprises you and is better than you expect!