Monday, October 4, 2010

Marriage Rocks!

This past weekend, we attended a married couples' get together at my church.  I organized the whole event and it was a great success with a few timing issues.  But everyone had a great time and I hope they were encouraged and challenged just as much as Eric and I were.  We started the night off with a Cornhole Tournament.  We had 12 couples altogether with a variety of ages.  Who'd a thought that the older folks would give the younger ones a run for our money?!  They kicked butt....at least our butt. :)  Then we all had a nice dinner catered by Athens Restaurant in Safety Harbor.  And last but definitely not least, our guest speakers, Kirk and Brenda Blank, enlightened us with 7 simple principles to a successful marriage.  Like I said, everyone really enjoyed themselves and it was definitely the talk for Sunday morning.

Other than that, Eric has been super busy with schoolwork and Gavin is still developing his little personality.  He LOVES books!  His favorite is called Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?  Long title, I know.  I shorten it to just Brown Bear and Gavin starts to look for it immediately.  This kid is smart.  You'll have to visit to see for yourself because there are too many things to write out. 

Today, I started my workout/eating better plan and I asked that Eric respect my desired eating habits since he's the one that cooks.  :)  This morning was the perfect weather to start running in!  The air was chilly and not humid at all.  LOVED IT!  I only did 2 miles today...I think that's a good start. :)  Tonight, I have a softball game then the rest of the week I'll be working out to videos On Demand....and running of course.  I have a goal but I'm not going to publish it on my blog...do you think I'm crazy?!  Anyhow, wish me luck.

1 comment:

Alex and Emily said...

Sounds like a great night. What a good idea! And, by the way, 2 miles is a LONG way. Way to go!