Sunday, October 10, 2010

Marriage Is What Brings Us Together

First of all, the title of this blog is a quote from a movie.  Can anyone tell me what movie?

Secondly, it's true.  We attended a wedding this past Saturday and it definitely brought the family together.  Friday night kicked off the festivities with a gathering at the Bates' house.  Let's just say that when we got home, it was waaaaay past Gavin's bedtime, yet he was wide awake!  :)  Saturday, I got Gavin all packed and ready for a sleepover at Grandpa's (aka Papa's) house.  Once I set him on his way, we started getting ready for the wedding.  We never get to dress up.  I mean, I'm sure we could just for the heck of it but we would have nowhere to go.  So, it was nice to see Eric in black slacks, button-down shirt and dress shoes.  And it felt good to wear a pretty dress (compliments of Heather Koroknay) and makeup! 

The wedding:  it took place on the beach at the Bilmar Beach Resort and the weather was absolutely perfect.  The ceremony was very interesting....as were some other things. 

The reception:  let's just say that the Koroknays know how to party!  I was laughing so hard at so many different jokes, stories and people that I didn't want the night to end.  Heather has pictures and once I get a copy, I'll post them on here.  Also, we danced and danced and danced....and it seemed like the only people at the wedding that were dancing were the Koroknays but I could be wrong.  Like I said, it was very interesting.

This afternoon, Greg and Uncle Tommy came by to put a trim on our interior front door.  Greg fixed the toilet too!  We went back over to Greg's house earlier this evening and had a little cookout with the remaining family that was still in town.  I watched my Fantasy Football team get completely destroyed.  Oh did I tell you that I'm in second to last place now?!  Well, I am.

Such a whirlwind of a weekend.  Be on the lookout for some wedding pictures....more like reception pictures. :) 

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Princess Bride!!!