History of Us: Before we got married, we knew we both had accrued a lot of debt and we were ready to take on the challenge in paying it off. Between the two of us, we had a combined number of 16 debts. I'm not going to say how much it came to because 1. it's kind of embarrassing and 2. it's really none of your business. :) Eric instantly became a fan of Dave Ramsey and his book Total Money Makeover. So in August 2008, the total money makeover began for us.
Today, I am proud to say that we are down to ONE debt...the house aside. Just one credit card (and granted it's a big one) left to pay off! We cannot tell you how excited we are and what kind of feeling this gives us. We are SO close and we're hoping to pay that last credit card in one year. Then we'll be able to pay off our mortgage quicker and then truly be debt free!
The only one we can truly thank is the Lord because He has provided for us through this whole journey. Jehovah Jireh - The Lord will provide. Not sure if I mentioned this before but Jehovah Jireh is engraved in our wedding bands. It's a reminder that everything we have is because of the Lord. He's provided for us in more ways than our monetary needs. Our true joy is from Jesus and we want to do nothing but praise Him!
So, if you see us with a bigger smile than before it's because our load is lighter thanks be to God! :)
4 comments:
Congrats Brooke!! We are also down to one, hopefully we'll be done next year. I am SO proud of you! I love Dave Ramsey too :D Good job!!
That is great news!! You're way ahead of a lot of people - stay focused and on track! You both deserve the best!
Love you,
Mom
Praise God! That's incredible!
That's great news! Can I borrow some money? JK.
Post a Comment