Thursday, February 3, 2011

Accountability or Friendly Competition?

As some of you know, I have re-started P90X (the Lean version this time).  My first day was February 1st.  Now you're probably asking, "Why are you starting on a Tuesday?  Most people start working out on Mondays."  Well, if you don't know me by now, I'm not like most people and basically I just wanted to start on the first of the month.  So far so sore. :)

So....I get an email from my friend, Brandi.  I wrote about her son, Gabe, three months ago.  She asked if we could have a friendly competition with P90X and I immediately said, "Yes."  We're recording our "before" measurements and taking "before" pictures.  We will check in our weight weekly and our other measurements monthly.  At the end (which is May 2nd), we will take "after" pictures and our final measurements and compare.  Not exactly sure how we're going to see who the winner is because I could gain 5 pounds but lose 3 inches.  So we'll figure that out in May.

A friendly competition like this is more of accountability and encouragement more than anything.  Brandi and I used to do Boot Camp together and every time she would get ahead of me for just a moment, I would push myself even harder.  Now, our circumstances have changed quite a bit since having babies but I am so glad she is joining me once again!

So Brandi....I've got two words for you, "BRING IT!"

      

2 comments:

Katie Norton said...

Good luck Brooke!! Is this your "before picture" LOL ;)

BRANDI said...

haha, now I know what your thoughts were during boot camp! ;) I'm very excited we're doing this together. So far, one week straight of completed workouts and a zillion more to go! We can and WILL complete it! You've been a great encouragement already, thanks! oh and IT'S BEEN BROUGHT! ;
)