This past Saturday afternoon, Gavin and I attended our friends' son's FIRST birthday party. The theme? Superheroes! The location? The park. The decorations and activities? AWESOME! The birthday boy? Gabe Costa, our little Superhero.
I met Gabe's mother, Brandi, during boot camp April 2008. I joined because I had to get in shape for my wedding in August that year. After our first month, I think it's safe to say that we were the top two in that class. :) We decided to do it for one more month before the summer heat really got to us. I think we should've quit while we were ahead because it was HOT! But during the second month of boot camp, Brandi and I really got to know each other. We realized that we were both believers of Jesus and everything seemed to click from there. After the camp, we kept in touch; especially when we both found out we were pregnant! Brandi's pregnancy was a little more complicated and it's a story I can't even explain. Read about it here.
Their faith through this whole process has been astounding! We were getting updates month after month of this little child's developments. We just prayed and will continue to pray for this sweet, God-fearing family! We were honored to celebrate Gabe's first birthday with them and we can't wait to celebrate many more to come. May the Lord continue to bless the Costa family as they faithfully follow His will! We love you guys! :)
2 comments:
I just read his entire story. What a miracle! God is so good! Happy Birthday to the little super hero.
We love you guys too!!!!
Post a Comment