Thursday, May 19, 2011

Birthday Adventures

Yesterday was Gavin's official birthday!  Now I can admit that I have a 2-year old.  The night before, Eric and I reminisced the start of the contractions and then 6 hours later we had a baby.  Still seems so surreal to me.  Anyhow, I took the day off yesterday so I could spend it with my birthday boy!

We woke up and at first Gavin was all smiles and running around free as a bird.  Then he got excited about breakfast until we entered the kitchen.  He started dry heaving but nothing would come up.  Then about 15 minutes later, we found out what was wrong.  Gavin's tummy was hurting and it resulted in liquid poop and lots of it.  :(  Kinda glad he stayed home with us.  After a few explosions, he had a bath and then barely ate breakfast.  Poor kid.  Since he kept running around, we figured it was ok to take him out.

We went to Countryside Mall and it was empty!  It was nice because Gavin could run around without me worring about him running into anybody.  We went to the Disney store and I think this is his new favorite place.  He saw a BUNCH of Cars stuff as well as Nemo!  We can't wait till we can take him to the actual Disney park so he can be amazed some more.  I'm surprised that we walked out of the Disney store like no big deal. 

Then from the mall, we went to the Spray Park in Dunedin.  I could not believe how many kids were there!  Isn't school still in session?  The water was a bit cold but Gavin at least tried to enjoy himself.



After the Spray Park, we went home and just relaxed....or at least tried to.  We ran a few more errands, ate dinner then Eric left for school.  After his 2nd bath of the day, we snuggled on the couch till I realized that it was night-night time.    

No comments: