Even though this year was my second Mother's Day, it felt like my first. Gavin and Dada let me sleep in a bit Sunday morning. Then Gavin came barging in (as loud as he possibly could). I noticed that not only was he all dressed and ready to go to church but he also had his hair parted on the side and slicked down. He was the cutest little boy I had ever seen! :) He handed me a card that said, "For My Wife on Mother's Day" or something along those lines. Then Dada handed me a potted plant of pink Hydrangeas. They were absolutely beautiful! Once I got up, I noticed there was some kind of product in Gavin's hair. I asked Dada, "Did you put gel in Gavin's hair?" Dada's response, "No....it's applesauce."
After church and lunch, the three of us headed home. We put on "Bolt" like we always do, then Gavin laid on the couch with me. Then Dada laid on the ground in which Gavin got down and laid next to him on a blanket. We all fell asleep rather quickly and ended up taking an unexpected hour nap.
Then we visited my mom and gave her a Mother's Day
project to do present. We took pictures which I'm hoping she'll send soon (hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge) then we headed over to my mother-in-law's house for dinner.
Lately, Gavin has been taking self-portraits with our camera. Here are his best shots:
1 comment:
He's so cute!! I'm glad you had a great mother's day!! God has really blessed us both hasn't He :)
Post a Comment