Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Additional Outage, Really?!

I've always heard the quote, "Bad things come in threes."  And from family's experiences, I've come to believe that statement to be true.  Well, I'm only on #2 so I'm anticipating the next one.

I decided to do our laundry late last night around 9:00.  This isn't normal for two reasons.  1)  I do laundry on the weekends so we can all start the week off with a clean set of clothes.  2)  I usually start earlier so I can go to sleep on time.  But for some odd reason, I NEEDED to do laundry last night.

I washed one load and watched a dvr'd program.  Then I put that load in the dryer and started another wash.  I continued with my tv program and about an hour later I heard the buzzer go off.  I opened the dryer door and started pulling out clothes.  I was shocked to find that the clothes were DAMP.  What the heck?!  These clothes have been in there for an hour and they're still wet?!  I turned the dryer on again and I felt the heat but didn't hear the drum spin.  I think at this point I'm just glad my clothes didn't catch on fire.  It was getting close to 11:00 and I ended up grabbing all the vacant hangers I could find and started hanging up two loads worth of wet clothes.  Then Gavin woke up probably because I was in his room collecting hangers and stepping on his toys.  Normally I would let him cry himself to sleep but I felt as if this awakening was my fault.  So I stayed up with him until he was tired enough.  Needless to say, this was a LONG night and I didn't go to bed till 1:00 a.m.

I wonder what will go out next.....stay tuned.  :)  

1 comment:

Katie Norton said...

Aww, bummer!! I can't wait to hear what happens next :-/ I'm doing laundry right now and I hope the dryer is working :-O