Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's Time To Potty!

We have come to the next stage in our little toddler's life.  Pooping in the potty!  Now I knew that his daycare nanny had been working with him; running to the bathroom when he's about to poop but I honestly didn't know what to expect at home.

Tonight, after eating dinner and even playing a little outside, we ended up in the living room to just chill.  Then all of a sudden, Gavin walks toward me in a "I gotta pee" stance.  I asked, "Do you have to go potty?"  He nodded his head and I suggested that we go to the bathroom.  He booked it to our destination and started yelling, "Bathroom!" as he stood by the toilet.  I took off his diaper and held him on the toilet with both hands while Eric was standing in the doorway.  Nothing happened.  I looked at Gavin and said, "Do you have to poopy?"  He didn't say anything.  Then I heard it....the sound of poop coming out of a butt then the "ker-plunking" of the dookie(s) in the toilet!  I couldn't believe it!  I praised him while still holding him with two hands and then I realized that I had to wipe him.  Eric came over (me begging him to hold his child on the toilet as he was trying not to gag!) so I could clean his butt.  We ended up just starting a bath for Gavin soon after because it was indeed bathtime.  However, Gavin was apparently not done because he stuck out his pelvis and watched a stream of urine hit the floor.  Hey....we're almost there!  :)

No comments: