Monday, March 29, 2010

Countdown: 4 Days

I'm getting a mixed bag of comments regarding my upcoming haircut.  This whole idea reminds me of a scene from Little Women when Jo returned home with her short hair because she sold it for money.  Her youngest sister made a comment, "Jo, how could you?!  Your one beauty!"  That still makes me laugh.

It feels like it's going to be a busy week but we won't know till it happens.  Tomorrow night is Bible study with the girls.  Wednesday night, Eric has school so I'll probably do laundry.  Thursday night, there's softball hitting practice at the batting cages.  Considering I haven't swung a bat in over a year, I need the practice!  I also need cleats!  Oh well....I'm the Captain, I can do whatever I want, right?  Friday is "THE DAY" as well as Good Friday.  Wow....the weekend already?!  I wish!

As a new mom, I've noticed that there are old movies that I look at differently.  For instance, Home Alone 2 was a cute, funny movie about a kid getting separated from his family and being lost in New York City.  It was on ABC Family last night.  I didn't watch the whole thing but I caught the last 15 minutes of it.  His family finally gets to NYC and his mother is frantically looking for him throughout the streets and ultimately finds him at the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.  I was crying at their reunion!  Moms, I hope you understand!

Well, we have a breakthrough!  One of Gavin's eye teeth are finally surfacing.  I'm SO glad because I'll tell ya what, he was cuh-rayn-kee yesterday!  It also didn't help matters much that Eric was working and that it was raining all day.  But we got through it and today is a new day.  Praise the Lord!

No comments: