Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend fun...and fussiness

Although Eric and I had a fabulous date night Saturday evening and then went bowling with our friends that same night, we had to deal with one cranky baby all weekend long!  We are hoping and praying that it's because Gavin's top teeth are coming in.  We don't know for sure until they break through...hopefully soon!

Saturday morning, Eric wanted to look for garage sales.  Even after telling him that it was raining, he persisted that we go just to get out of the house.  After 20 minutes of driving and stopping at two garage sales, we went home without any purchases.  Men....  Soon after, Grandmama and Granny came to visit Gavin.  He then went down for a nap and so did we!  Then we got up and got ready to go out.  Eric and I went to Bonefish for Valentine's Day.  We had saved up about $57 with gift cards and it paid off!  Then we met a few friends for our monthly get togethers.  It was quite fun!  On our second game, we had a competition going and the losers had to pay for breakfast next time.  It was Chris and me against Eric and Damon.  Going off the stats of the first game, the teams were even.  But the second game, Eric and I were neck and neck and I lost by 1 point.  Chris and Damon were somewhat neck and neck until Chris got ahead by at least 10 points.  I'll admit, I should've paired up with my husband.  No excuses.

Sunday, we went to church and good thing we didn't sit in the front row!  Pastor Joe was talking about sex and the immature Koroknays were giggling throughout the service!  When it comes to sex, I'm not sure if we'll ever grow up.  HAHA!!!  Sunday afternoon, Gavin napped, I watched a movie and Eric went out to sell coral.  Sunday night was the worst.  At one o'clock in the morning, Gavin woke up and was just screaming!  He would throw himself back while arching.  His mouth was wide open as if in pain.  Scared me to death!  I tried to calm him down but he would only scream louder.  I changed his diaper which he didn't like.  I rocked him which he didn't like  So, I drugged him!  I gave him some Baby Tylenol and about 45 minutes later he started to calm down.  We watched a little tv and I could see that his eyes were getting heavy again.  So I put him back in his crib and it took about 10-15 minutes until he was asleep again.  Phew!  So, I got about 4 hours of sleep last night.

Not sure if I mentioned this yet but I will be donating my hair to Locks of Love the beginning of April.  I'm giving myself a month to prepare.  April 2nd is when I'd like to chop it all off.  So be on the lookout of a new do!

Chelsea and Crystal

Beth and Chris

Eric, Chris and Damon

First Round:  1. Damon  2. Eric  3. Brooke  4. Beth  5. Chris



Wanting to help Daddy with the fishtank

So cute....

No comments: