Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Almost There....

So, we're not done with the house yet.  I haven't exactly been able to cross off a lot of things on my list BUT we're getting there.  Monday night, my dad went over to the house to put a 2nd coat on the back room and did a little organizing with our supplies.  Last night, I put the 1st coat on the kitchen and Eric fixed the bathroom sink (which that wasn't on the list.)  Tonight, my dad and I are hopefully going to put the 2nd coat on the kitchen and possibly both coats in the dining and living rooms.  This weekend, Eric is going to clean the terrazzo himself!  This should be interesting as we wanted professionals to restore it for us but it was a little pricey.  I think it's going to look nice and I can't wait!  We're really shooting to move in some time next week....maybe next weekend so we can get help with the furniture and boxes.  Sorry I haven't taken any progress pictures yet....my battery died in my camera and I can't find the charger.  I may have to break out the big guy (my Panasonic Lumix).

Gavin is babbling SO MUCH and I know he's telling us something but I just don't understand!  I'll have to get that on video because he cracks me up.  He's even using some facial expressions as he talks.  Gosh, I have the cutest kid ever!

One more thing....Eric and I were asked to organize a get together at our church for ALL married couples.  So I we have planned a date night on October 2nd at our church from 5:00-8:00.  I know that's an early date night but there are some families that have kids and want to end the night earlier.  Here's the info:

Who: All Married Couples; childcare will be available

What: Dinner ($10/Couple), A Friendly Couples Competition* and Guest Speakers (Kirk and Brenda Blank)

Where: Gulf Coast Fellowship

When: Saturday, October 2nd @ 5:00 p.m.

Why: To encourage all couples at different stages of their marriage.

RSVP: By September 19th.

*The Competition will be a Cornhole Tournament (aka Bean Bag Toss).  Your spouse MUST be your tournament partner.  Champions win dinner and a movie!

No comments: