Thursday, August 26, 2010

Another Fantasy

That's right....another Fantasy Football season is coming up!  I was looking forward to it but not so much any more.  Not to name any names but I was ridiculed for wanting my team name to be ILoveMyHusband.  I'm only assuming it will offend certain opponents and that's why I got the "thumbs down" text.  So now I am renaming my team as Holy Roller.  I strive to be like Jesus who is holy and that's how I roll.  :)  Other than that, not too excited about this season.  Just give me football on our new HD tv, a bag of chips, a beer in hand and I'm ready to go!

Yes, our cable is now set up.  Apparently, it took the guy 4 hours to set up the box and electrical wires.  But it was nice to have the Disney Channel back!  :)  Also, I am SO proud of my husband because he installed our new digital thermostat all by himself!  Our old one was weird.  We would set it what we thought was 78 degrees but it was actually 75.

Yesterday was Gavin's 15 month check up and that meant 2 shots.  He is SO smart.  I think he remembered Dr. Tim and what happened last time.  Once he saw the doctor, Gavin immediately tried to climb on me like a little monkey to get away. 

Gavin is adjusting very well in our new home.  Ava, on the other hand, is driving me up a freakin' wall!  At Cindy's house, she was used to going on the back porch so she could have "outside" time.  She can't do that until we fix our screen door in the back porch.  So that makes her cry all the time!

I feel like it's been a bad week with the exception of Monday.  I've been really busy at work, Gavin has been a little cranky here and there, Ava doesn't let me sleep, our house is still messy and one negative person can ruin my whole day!  One thing I can work on is the last thing mentioned.  I need to just ignore all the negativity around me and focus on my happiness (not to gloat or rub it in their faces though).  Have a great day!

No comments: