Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Getting Close

We're getting so close with the progress of our house!  This past weekend, I did the trim all around except for the living room.  I painted the interior of our kitchen ceiling which looks SO much better!  We created our wine/liquor cubby (I'll have to take a picture for you to understand).  Eric cleaned and polished the bedrooms' terrazzo floors.  We moved in our bedroom furniture (still have to put the bed frame together).  We ran our dishes through the dishwasher and put them in cabinets (which I have to replace them in the cabinets I'd like them to be in).  We bought a couch from American Signature Furniture on Sunday and we're picking it up today!  What else.....

Tonight, I'm going to finish the trim in the living room and the touch ups all around.  Then I'm gonna put our bed together.  I'm really excited that we have two 6-drawer dressers!  For the past two years, I've been sharing a 3-drawer dresser with Eric and I've contained my frustrations since then.  Now, I have room for my clothes and I get to separate our socks!  That may sound weird but I am SO excited about it. :)  What else....

My mom started painting in Gavin's room.  She's making it look like we're underwater so there's seaweed in the corners as well as starfish and seashells.  It's gonna look great when it's complete. 

And speaking of Gavin, he's been dancing A LOT!  He knows how to open the doors in Mema's house and he doesn't care if you're on the toilet or not.  He also likes using the word "no" and he seems to know when to use it to.  When you ask him a question, he'll answer with a "no".  And if Ava (my cat) or Max (my dad's dog) does something they shouldn't, Gavin will point at them and say, "no."  He's definitely developing his own little personality.  Here are some pictures and videos.... 



Gavin always wants to answer the phone when it rings.

There HAS to be music!

No comments: