Friday, August 20, 2010

Change in Plans

Eric and I discussed our anniversary plans and we're nixing the Brazilian restaurant this year.  We decided to take the money we would've spent on a very expensive restaurant and purchase things we need for our house instead.  For instance, we need area rugs, ceilings fans, towels, etc.  And oddly enough, we're probably going to Chili's.  He said, "It doesn't matter where we go to eat just as long as we're together," and I couldn't agree more.  That Brazilian restaurant will hopefully still be there when we can afford it again but for now, we need to be practical with our money. 

Last night, I cleaned the bathroom....well, most of it anyway.  Who would've thought that you could take apart your toilet just to clean it?!  No joke, it looks like a brand new toilet after I got done with it.  The tub is another story.  I had Eric scrape those sticky things on the bottom (you know, those thingys that keep you from slipping).  They were nasty and disgusting.  Still have to scrub that tub down though.  So....I feel like we still have a lot to do but we'll get it all done by this weekend. 

Gavin didn't sleep well last night.  I rocked him and rocked him and rocked him.  He couldn't get comfortable and he would scream if I put him back in the crib.  So I brought him into bed with me because I was exhausted.  This kid is a tosser, turner and a kicker!  If you see bruises on my face, Eric did NOT hit me....my 15-month old son did.  He must've karate chopped my face about 6 times last night with a few good kicks to my ribs.  At least I know he's getting stronger! 

Tonight....who knows?

No comments: