Thursday, August 19, 2010

Good Times

Gavin and I had such a great time together last night.  Eric was busy transferring his fish tank to our house so we had a little mommy/son time.  After eating dinner, Gavin had a bath.  He knows how to wash his belly...sorta.  I give him the wash cloth and I say, "Wash your belly!"  He takes it and rubs the cloth up and down from his belly to his private parts while he smiles.  After his bath, I put lotion on him which he LOVES.  I say, "Lotion, lotion, lotion, rub, rub, rub."  Gavin rubs his hands together and then rubs his body including his feet.  He's just so darn cute!  After I got him dressed for bed, we went out into the living room to play.  He was all over the place; chasing Ava, reading books, dancing to music, and throwing balls.  Then I could tell he was tired when he grabbed his bear, hugged it really hard then sat in my lap to cuddle.  We relaxed in the recliner for awhile.  Gavin kept pulling up my shirt to see my belly button.  When I would do the same to him, he laughed hysterically.  I absolutely LOVE that laugh.  When I said "night-night", we walked to his room, rocked in his rocker and we both fell asleep (drenched in sweat of course). 

When Eric got home, I indulged myself with Jalapeno chips and Double Stuf Oreos.  Weird, I know.  Then we watched a new favorite show together.  It's called 24 Hour Restaurant Battle on the Food Network Channel.  Two teams of two compete against each other to create a restaurant in 24 hours.  Also, lately I've been a little nostalgic when it comes to tv programs.  Does anyone remember The Torkelsons?  It's about a single mom raising her 5 children (14 years and younger) in Oklahoma.  I've been watching reruns on youtube and I really miss the good, clean entertainment of a tv show.  That's why I've been watching a lot of the Disney Channel....plus there are no commercials (except their own advertisements). 

Our anniversary is coming up and we just decided where we're going to go.  First of all, I took the day off and Eric will take half the day off.  Gavin will be at Ms. Shirley's.  Secondly, we'll be in our own home by then!  So we'll probably unpack and organize a little.  Thirdly, we're going to have dinner at a Brazilian Steakhouse in Tampa.  It's call Boizao and we're really excited! 

Tonight, it's major cleaning time!  We have helpers for Saturday afternoon to move us completely in and I'd like our house spotless before that happens.  My mom will continue her artwork in Gavin's room tonight as well.  I'll try to remember to bring my good camera rather than my cell phone to take pictures.  Happy Cleaning!     

1 comment:

Kelly Kalil said...

I loved The Torkelsons!

Your little Gavin is stinkin' adorable! So excited for you all to be in your new house!!