Monday, September 20, 2010

My Newfound Gardener

Ever since we bought the house, we've been worried that our neighbors are anxiously wondering when we're going to fix up our lawn.  I'll be honest, it's a little trashy.  Eric pulled out the bushes near the front window awhile ago and he just left the debris to be taken by the wind.  Then we have an ugly, big-rooted, lifeless tree in the middle of our yard that needs to be pulled out as well.  We never mow our lawn when our neighbors do so our yards are out of sync.  And to top it all off, I think we have wasp nests in our intact bushes. 

I think it was a few weeks ago, Eric started to grow a green thumb.  The ideas kept spinning round and round in his head.  Then finally, this past weekend, the idea went into full swing!  He bought some vine growing plants that he put near our garage and around our lamp post.  And get this, they have color!  He definitely not done but we're taking it weekend by weekend.  We had family over last night and one of the first things Eric said was, "Did you see my flowers?!"  He doesn't read my blogs so I'm giving you a heads up.  If/when you come over, ask about the flowers!  :)

Like I said, we had family over last night to celebrate my dad's birthday.  Beforehand, we all went to the beach.  I, personally, haven't taken Gavin to the beach since June but he has gone with my dad a few times.  Well, Gavin just cracked me up!  He was running all over the place; chasing seagulls, running in the water, visiting sunbather strangers, digging with his toys and all of this without rest.  Watching him was exhausting.  When we got home, we could tell he was tired but he was fighting it.  He definitely loves the attention when we have visitors.  I'll post pictures and videos soon. 

Have a great week!

P.S.  My fantasy football team DESTROYED my opponent by 45 points!  I think that moves me from 5th to 3rd....but I won't find out officially until tonight. 

No comments: