Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Word

Gavin learned a new word this weekend.  "Up."  He loves climbing and crawling on our new couch but when he knows he can't quite get up by himself, he says, "Up," while holding up his arms.  He also loves to be held.  He'll run over and hug my legs then will look up and say, "Up," while once again holding up his arms.  I'm trying to teach him the word, "Yes," because the answer to EVERY question is "No" and with such attitude too.  Wonder where he gets it from?

Labor Day Weekend was less stressful than previous weekends.  Friday night was me watching Camp Rock 2.  Yes, I realize that I am not in middle school but I must say that the music and choreography was quite impressive.  It was such a hit that it distracted Eric from schoolwork....my bad.  Saturday morning, Eric went straight to work and completed his schoolwork without distraction.  Gavin and I took a nice long walk and just got to hang out together.  Then the three of us attended a baby shower for our friends, the Kalil's.  Saturday night, I was invited to a Girls' Night Out (which was actually in) and I had a great time.  I only knew one person but her friends were incredible that I hope I can make them my own friends. :)  It was nice to stay out past my curfew too! 

Sunday morning, we attended church and Gavin acts like he owns the place.  He walks around during worship and I try to catch him so as to not be a distraction but I sometimes fail.  Afterwards, I took Gavin to Largo Central Park while Eric worked on more schoolwork.  LCP has a huge open field and Gavin just ran around and around.  Then he heard a little "Choo Choo" noise.  Apparently, every first weekend of the month, they run a small train set around a portion of the park.  We didn't go on it but Gavin would wave at the people passing by and they would wave back with "Aws".  It was quite cute. 

Monday....we didn't do much.  We tried to look for more area rugs but Target didn't have the greatest selection.  But we did get a few more things for the house.  Then we ate dinner at Mema's house and had the BEST PORK EVER!!!  Gavin literally stuffed his face with all the food we gave him.  You'd think we didn't feed him at all!  Anyhow, that was our weekend.....

No comments: