Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekend Recap

As I'm sitting here, watching the Jets game with my husband, I'm trying to think of what we did this weekend.  Friday night....I forget.  Saturday....Eric did yard work while Gavin and I lounged around the house.  Sunday....we went to church then watched football all day while Gavin went to the beach with Aunt Heather and cousin Dylan.  So even though our weekend was uneventful, I'm remembering certain funny things that happened. 

Like I said before, Eric did yard work on Saturday.  He was trimming our bushes when he went a little trim-happy.  One bush has one side missing leaves!  HAHA!  The other funny thing about Eric's yard work is that he didn't clean up after himself.  NO JOKE!  Our yard and our walkway is covered with branches, leaves, trash bags, and cables.  I know for a fact that our neighbors are saying, "What the heck?!"  I'm looking forward to that day where our yard doesn't look like trailer trash.  Maybe I should help him one of these days. 

Gavin has been making me laugh for days now.  He's starting to shrug his shoulders when I ask him where something is.  "Where?" he'll say.  He amazes me by the way he reacts to the things I say.  If I say, "Nite, nite," he'll go to the chair where I rock him (as you've seen on video).  If I say, "Let's go get changed," he'll go to the changing table and wait for me to pick him up.  If I say, "Are you hungry?" he'll run to his high chair and will try to climb it.  The list could go on and on of his actions by what I say.  This morning, I almost died laughing.  I was in the shower and Gavin was running around the house (no worries, Eric was watching him).  Well, Gavin was talking to me while I was taking a shower. So, I peeked me head out and I saw my underwear hanging around his neck and he was just smiling and laughing!  I yelled, "ERIC!  DID YOU DO THAT?!"  Then Eric came in and started laughing and said, "No!"  That made me laugh even more!  It looked like Gavin was trying to put my underwear on like a shirt. 

And for my last funny moment....a few days ago, we figured out that we have workout videos On Demand on our tv.  We made an agreement that we would do an ab workout every other day (starting today).  So Eric picked the video and we started....I think I got more of an ab workout laughing at my husband than actually following the exercises.  I think within the first minute he started complaining!  I wish I could've gotten us on video because it was bad.  We got through the first day though but I'm not sure how long this agreement will last. 

Hope you had a great weekend and made funny memories as we did!    

No comments: