Just to warn you, I'm about to get a little personal....
I've been struggling with the idea of "friends" lately. I'm struggling with it so much that I become depressed, friendless and alone. Why is it that once you get married and have children then your friends disappear? Why do they automatically assume that I'm too busy for them or can't fit in social time? And let me add that this is after I put myself out there and say, "Hey, let's get together..." The whole concept frustrates me and I honestly don't know how to change it.
But do I need to change it? Why can't I be content with the people that are in my life right now? The people that actually care enough to call, text or email just to say hi. The people that do what they say they're going to do. The people that visit me. The people that say "I love you." I love my family and I love the fact that they've become my friends.
Most importantly, I need to know that I am never alone. God surrounds me with His love and constantly reminds me that He's ALWAYS there. I have to confess that I haven't been spending much time with the Lord and that's probably the reason why I feel so alone and depressed. It's not my friends' fault that we don't get together all the time. It's not their fault that I struggle with my emotions. And it's definitely not their fault for having their own lives. I love my friends and when I see them all those frustrations disappear. The lesson I've learned is to take advantage of my free time and give it back to the Lord. He deserves most of my time anyway. :) Friends may come and go but God always remains the same.
1 comment:
"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit."
~~ Albert Schweitzer
"Everyone has a 'best friend' during each stage of life - only a precious few have the same one."
~~ Unknown
I Love you,
Mom ♥
Post a Comment