Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mr. Lopart

Every morning, Gavin and I watch Handy Manny on the Disney Channel.  Manny is the town's handyman and basically can fix anything....with the help of his talking tools!  Next door to Manny's shop is a candy store and the owner is Mr. Lopart.  Mr. Lopart is a very independent, no-help-wanted kinda guy.  Everytime Manny leaves his shop, he always sees Mr. Lopart in a sticky situation.  Manny always offers to help Mr. Lopart and Mr. Lopart always rejects it and then he always physically hurts himself!

This got me thinking.  How many times have you been offered help only to brush it aside and eventually reject it?  Are we really that independent where we could be robbing someone of their blessing to us?  I learned this last year when Gavin was born.  For the longest time, I kept thinking, "I don't need anyone's help with this newborn.  I can do it ALL by myself."  I soon found out that even though I probably could do it by myself, I shouldn't for the sake of my sanity.

In conclusion, we will be accepting any and all help when we finally get this house!  There will be LOTS of cleaning, fixing, building, painting, moving and decorating that will need to be accomplished.  :)

Give help and receive help!  It's what makes the world go round. 

No comments: